We currently have openings in our full-time program as well as our part-time program.
St. Michael Preschool’s Prekindergarten curriculum is aligned to the State of Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards using the framework of D.I.G.. Develop. Inspire. Grow., also used by the Diocese of Columbus. The D.I.G. curriculum is a comprehensive, hands-on, and developmentally-appropriate program that uses the Letter People phonics puppets; Dr. Jean Feldman’s cheers, chants, active movements; and interactive Math, Science, and Social Studies with a balance between instructional skills and play. This program helps educators create high-quality programs that meet the unique needs of the children and families they serve. In an atmosphere where the practice of virtue and of independence are promoted, our program is designed to guide the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional development of the child. St. Michael’s drive towards academic excellence will help children be ready for Kindergarten by the end of the term
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
The St. Michael Preschool utilizes the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. This religious education program takes place in a special room called an Atrium. In the Atrium a child is given the opportunity to develop the spiritual potential that every child has for God. In the Atrium children are given the opportunity to fall in love with God through encountering Jesus the Good Shepherd with different hands on experiences of our faith.
Preschool Director/Prekindergarten Lead Teacher: Mrs. Laura Wells
PreKindergarten Lead Teacher: Miss Anna Bright
PreKindergarten Assists: Mrs. Mary Ann Scholl, Mrs.Suzie Zelinski, Mary Booth
Aftercare: Emmanuela Bean, Janice Bean
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Mrs. Mary Ann Scholl
Questions? Call 614.885.3149
St. Michael Preschool Prekindergarten Registration for 2020-2021.
St. Michael Prekindergarten will be accepting registration for the 2020-2021 school year on the dates below. To qualify for our prekindergarten program, your child must be 4 by September 30, 2019 and fully toilet trained. Registration is first come, first served and follows the priority guidelines listed below.
Registrations will be taken on a first come first served basis with the parish families and those families with children already in the school taking precedence. When classes are full, waiting lists will be formed and vacancies will be filled with the following priorities:
- A family already in the school
- Participating parish family members
- Any non-participating parish members
- Members from other parishes
- Non-Catholic families
Each Preschool Class Registration application must be accompanied by a $100.00 non-refundable check. $50 of the registration fee will be applied towards the Preschool tuition cost, and $50 will go towards registration costs.
January 7 – 10 current St. Michael Elementary School and preschool families; Opens 1/ 7 at 7 am, Marian Hall.
January 13-17 St. Michael Parishoners; Opens 1/13 at 7 am, Marian Hall
January 20-24 Community Memebers; Opens 1/20 at 7 am, Marian Hall
Please come to our Open House on January 30 from 5 to 7 pm; registration packets may be turned in.
- 5 Full Day Pre-Kindergarten: 7:45 to 3:00 $6,133
- 5 Morning Pre-Kindergarten, M-F : 7:45 to 10:30 $3,067
- 5 Afternoon Pre-Kindergarten, M-F : 12:30 to 3:00 $3,067
- 3 Morning Pre-Kindergarten M,W,F: 7:45 to 10:30 $2,500
- 2 Morning Pre-Kindergarten T,TH: 7:45 to 10:30 $2,000
- M,W,F full day or T,TH full day options available as space allows on a case by case basis.
Before Care and After Care: (additional charge)
Before care: (available for 5 day full time and morning classes only)
- Before Care: 7 to 7:45 a.m. $600
- After care: (available for 5 day full time and afternoon classes only) 3:00-6:00 p.m. $2,500
Drop in Option: (available for 5 full time and afternoon classes only)
- 3:00 to 6:00 pm $55 a week Monday-Friday
- $14 a day
Registration Packet of completed paperwork Due June 1, 2020 .
Completed registration packets may be turned in at Open House, hand-delivered, or mailed by June 1 to:
St Michael School Attention: Preschool
64 E Selby Blvd, Worthington, OH 43085.
Downloadable Forms & Information
- PreKindergarten Parent Handbook
- Prekindergarten Registration Application
- Tuition Payment Agreement
- Required Forms Checklist
- Personal Information Release Form
- Parent Handbook Signature Page
- Immunization Summary
- Child’s Health Information Form
- Physical Exam
- Authorized Child Pick Up Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization Card
- Family Information (SUTQ)
- Pet Permission
- Oral Assessment form
- Family Page St. Michael