St. Michael Preschool’s curriculum is aligned to the State of Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards using the framework of The Creative Curriculum, also used by the Diocese of Columbus. This program helps educators create high-quality programs that meet the unique needs of the children and families they serve. In an atmosphere where the practice of virtue and of independence are promoted, our program is designed to guide the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional development of the child. St. Michael’s drive towards academic excellence will help children be ready for the next level of school by the end of the term.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
The St. Michael Preschool utilizes the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. This religious education program takes place in a special room called an Atrium. In the Atrium a child is given the opportunity to develop the spiritual potential that every child has for God. In the Atrium children are given the opportunity to fall in love with God through encountering Jesus the Good Shepherd with different hands on experiences of our faith.
2017-2018 Class Information
Pre-Kindergarten Class: Four and five-year olds will meet Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Actual Preschool hours are from 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with drop-off times between 7:15 a.m. and after Preschool care provided from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Classes are available during the following times:
- M-F 7:45-3:30
- M,W,F mornings 7:45-10:45
- T,TH mornings from 7:45 to 10:45
- M-F afternoons from 12:30-3:30
St. Michael is blessed to have the experience and vision of Mrs. Laura Wells as the Preschool Director/Lead teacher while offering the Good Shepherd Catechesis with Mrs. Christine Moore as the Coordinator of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Program.
Please note that space is limited and the priority of admission to Preschool will follow the policy outlined for St. Michael School in K-8, which can be found here.
- PreKindergarten Application
- Tuition Policy Handout
- Tuition Payment Agreement
- Required Forms Checklist
- Picture Release Consent Form
- Parent Handbook Signature Page
- Immunization Record Information
- Immunization Summary
- Child’s Health Information Form
- Authorized Child Pick Up Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization Card
Each Pre-Kindergarten Application must be accompanied by the following items:
- A completed Application Form.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- A copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate, if available.
- A copy of the child’s Social Security Card.
- A copy of the child’s immunization record.
- A $100.00 non-refundable check. $50 of the registration fee will be applied towards the preschool tuition cost, and $50 will go towards registration costs.