K -8 ENROLLMENT
- Approximately 450 students in K-8
- 51 % male, 49 % female
- Students come from 9 different school districts
- School Day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m.
- Aftercare is available until 6 p.m.
- Bus transportation available for students living in most areas of the Worthington, Olentangy, Columbus and Dublin public school districts.
- K-8: 2 of each and 3 kindergarten
- Average class size: 25 in 1st – 8th Grade
- Average kindergarten size: 18
- Nearly 30 faculty members and over 30 staff members support our students
- Average homeroom size: 25;
- Current enrollment: @ 450 students K-8
- 62% teachers hold advanced degrees
- Average years of experience teach experience in our teachers: 11
- Diversity of vocations on staff: lay teachers, single and married, lay consecrated, religious sisters and diocesan priests
- Teachers’ Aides in every K-3 classroom with additional 4-8 support
- Reading Specialist, Speech Pathologist, Academic Assistance Teacher, and Psychologist
- Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
ACADEMIC ACHEIVEMENTS AND OHIO TEST RESULTS 2016
- Ranked top 15% nationally in Reading grades 3-8
- Ranked top 15% nationally in Math grades 3-8
- Overall students outperformed their peer group on the national and local diocesan average by 10-20%.
- 40% of middle school students achieved 95% or higher on one of their Terra Nova tests (Math, Reading, Social Studies, Science)
- 24% of middle school students scored 95% or higher on the math section, with an average score of 97.3%.
- Graduating class typically receive over $75,000 in scholarships to local Catholic High Schools
- K- 8 Art, Physical Education, Spanish
- Science Fair and Science COSI on Wheels
- History Fair
- K-4 Music
- Electives for Latin Language, World Mythology, Band and Choir (5-8)
- Additional Art for 5-8 in Art History and Techniques
- 7th Grade Outdoor Camp at the Damascus/CYSC Campus
- Daily School Prayer
- Mass Weekly with Class and Monthly with All School
- Education in Virtue-Disciple in Christ® faith formation and curriculum
- K - 2 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atrium
- Sacramental Preparation – 1st Penance, 1st Holy Communion, Confirmation
- Family Days – multi-grade All School activities, catechesis and service learning
- For Middle School: Sodality (Girls) and Virtus in Christo (Boys)
- March for Life in Washington, D.C.
SPORTS, FINE ARTS and EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITES
- Grades 4-8: Basketball, Football, Track, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Golf, Cross-Country, Cheerleading
- Power of the Pen, Book Club, Speech Club
- Student Council
- Music, Band and Choir
- Spanish Culture Class
- Technology and Sound Crew